Our next step in decluttering, is taking a good look at your work space…your desk, tabletop, countertop, dresser top etc.
- Take everything off the top of it… everything!
- Assemble all the items in place like your bed or the floor (only if you can get down and up from the floor).
- Clean and wipe down the area.
- Take a moment and marvel at how pretty and clean it looks.
- Sort through the things you just cleared by creating 2 piles…Keep and Toss or donate.
- Sort through the Keep pile by creating 3 piles…Delegate this to another person, To do immediately, To file.
- Whatever you DO NOT simply put them back on the workspace.
- Create a file system (however it works for you) and place the “to file” items where they belong.
- Attend to the “do immediately” items.
- Moving forward your new system will be to touch items only once. Tend to them as they arrive or toss immediately.
It is a harsh system but I promise you will love the results.
Answers to Twisted Tuesday: Can you solve this..
- What must be broken before you can use it? An egg
- What is in front of you but cannot be seen? The future
Thursday “Threezers” questions: what do these have in common?
- The Big Time, The hay, The road
- Plant place, Beer belly, Poker Player pursuit
- Leathernecks, Devil Dogs, Jarheads
What are you grateful for today? I got free pizza yesterday. YUM!