Infections from Covid-19 continue to be a concern; especially for the older adult or chronically ill populations. Recently, the CDC shared a “know the facts” public service announcement encouraging readers to know the facts and stop the spread of rumors. Here is a sampling:
Fact 1: This disease can make anyone sick regardless of their race or ethnicity.
Fact 2: For most people, the immediate risk of becoming seriously ill from Covid-19 is thought to be low.
Fact 3: Someone who is “released” from isolation or quarantine does not pose a risk of infection to other people.
Fact 4: Follow these simple measures to protect yourself and others.
- Wash hands and wear a face covering over your mouth AND nose.
- Avoid touching your face, mouth, eyes, and face covering.
- Stay home when you feel sick or “off”.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your shirt sleeve.
Fact 5: Help stop the spread of Covid-19 by knowing the signs and symptoms.
- Fever (2˚over your baseline or usual body temperature)
- New or worsening cough
- New onset or worsening of shortness of breath
- New onset of confusion or not able to arouse.
Answers to Friday Factoids:
- Today is the anniversary of the death of this Priest, Saint and founder of Opus Dei. Can you name the saint and the year? Josemaria Escrivá / 1975
- On this day, a famous US President holds his iconic “Ich bin ein Berliner” speech in West Berlin, Germany. Can you name the president and the year? JFK/ 1963
- 1906 marks this first car race held in France? Grand Prix. Today is the day this Chevrolet car first rolled off the production line. Can you name it? Corvette
- What do these people have in common? Michael Vick (football player), Lord Kelvin (physicist, mathematician), Derek Jeter (baseball player) and Nurse Lee. We’re all a year older
Monday Moaners / Tuesday Twisters: Here we go again…
- What do you call a snail on a ship?
- Why does a duck have feathers?
- Did hear about the restaurant on the moon… nice place but it had no atmosphere
What will you do “just for today”?
I started the day with 5:30 am yoga…Trust me it was absolutely… “Just for today”….. hahahaha