Even though there is a lot of emphasis on COVID-19 right now, overall health is just as important. Consider the following healthy living tips:
- Walk around your apartment / hallway / neighborhood
- Practice your exercises from a few weeks ago
- Take advantage free online exercise videos or ask Nurse Lee for a DVD.
- Add color to your plate. Eat fruits and vegetables each day. (If eating canned vegetables, rinse them in water first; to lessen the salt.)
- Minimize sugary treats & highly processed food (cookies, crackers, chips).
- Drink plenty of water. Minimize sugary or fruity drinks.
Health tracking: The more information you have to share with your doctors, the better they can design your treatment plan.
- Blood pressure
- Blood Glucose/sugar
- Changes in moods and emotions
- Pain: Where do you have pain? What is the severity of the pain on a scale of 1-10? How long does the pain last? What causes the pain? What makes it better or worse?
- Falls, near falls, or injuries from falls
- Any episodes of nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, chest pain, or shortness of breath
- Any other factors that are important to you
Answers to Monday’s Moaners:
- How do Honey Bees go to school in the morning? - The School Buzz
- What do fish listen to on the internet? - A Codcast
- What is the difference between a good joke and a bad joke? - Timing
- How do construction workers party? - They raise the roof
Whacky Wednesday Wonder: Why are they called Butterflies? Butter doesn’t fly. Why do we say “slept like a baby”? When babies wake every 2-4 hours? Do you have a “wonder why”?